Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Honey- It looks like a hippy BLEW UP!"

Yep, that's my hubby's reaction to my newest batch of fiber. LOL!

Specs: Lorna's Laces Roving in "Rainbow," total weight 10 ounces.

First, I split the whole bundle down the middle into two (roughly equal) "bumps."
Emily assisted with the splitting, and while we were working on that, my husband walked in and said the title quote, which put dear Emily on the floor laughing.
Spun up 2 bobbins (a little too full, I found out later) of singles, with the color repeates slightly off-set.
Plied the singles into 2-ply, and here's about 75 grams of yarn.
I still need to set the twist, but enough for tonight. "Hippy Guts" it is. LOL!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! But I agree with Mike, it kind of looks like Hippy Guts!!! But you know since I love hippies and hippy dippy stuff that I love your yarn as well. The colors look fabulous, would love to touch it!

Nikki