Monday, February 18, 2008

Malabrigo Baby Sweater

First up today is a teeny-tiny baby sweater made from one skein of Malabrigo (colorway "Curacao") for Baby Sainz. A co-worker of mine just found out their firstborn will be a boy, and thus I had to "get busy" with the tiny clothes. This sken of BUTTERY soft merino has been itching (not literally!) to become something adorably tiny, so I sat down and "winged" it, no pattern. I wish I could write up the pattern, but it's not a 'perfect' design by any means. The arms are a bit skinny, but newborns tend to have wiry arms, eh? (Mine did!) I'm so excited for them, I can hardly contain myself! This baby has been a beautiful blessing, and has brought new life into a tough work environment.
Picked up some silk to spin while stopped at Threadbear in Lansing before the "Blind Boys of Alabama" concert on Friday night. I truely wish I'd had more than 20 minutes to spend in there. Absolutely going to have to make it a day trip next time!

Scored some merino/alpaca roving on Etsy last week, a fantastic shop called "All Spun Up." I can't hardly decide what to spin first!
Although truely, I should be working on some WIP's, right?!?

No comments: