Saturday, September 29, 2007

That's what happens once school starts.

:SIGH:

I *have* been knitting on the Peace Fleece EDC! In fact, I have the back peice and the front panels done, and the sleeves (which I'm knitting both at the same time flat) are 2/3 of the way done. But, alas, I have no pics.

One of the coolest things is that I dropped my gague swatch and the natural wood buttons that came with the kit off at my Mom's place, and she's going to hand-paint the buttons to coordinate with the tones of the yarn. That "special touch" the sweater needs? COVERED!

A big reason I haven't posted much lately is Ravelry. I finally got in! YAY! But, it truely is the "black hole of time," and entering things into my 'notebook' there and spending WAY too much time in the forums and browsing other people's projects has eaten up a lot of time (and energy.)

The school year is well underway, with our fourth week under our belt. Things are going well, but with the Michigan State budget issues right now, and the threatened State government shut down, it's a bit (??) tense too. They've threatened to JUST NOT PAY the October 22 School-funding payment unless the State is back up and running by 10/16. Seriously now. Skip the payment? I can understand DELAYING it, which would be bad enough, but how in the H*%# do they expect schools to eat that much money when they've strapped us every year for the past (at least) 10 years?

Oh, and little man broke his arm on the playground at school during recess on the Monday of the third week. He's none-to-happy about missing out on critical monkey bars time, not to mention his gymnastics lessons are on hold until he's given the all-clear from the orthopedist. :sigh:

No comments: