Friday, June 15, 2007

Swatched- but not quite right yet

I swatched the Alpaca (color "First Frost") on size 4 needles last night, but I'm thinking it might be a little loose in the stockinette, so I'm going to make at least one more swatch (size 3) maybe even one on size 2. Going to hit the bead store soon too (maybe today, if the kids cooperate!) to find something subtle; kind of a tone-on-tone effect. (Yes, the LYS had anothe skein in the same dyelot, so I'm golden on yardage with lots of swatching room to spare! Winding one of those skiens last night took FOREVER, and I'm hoping I didn't wind too tightly. It was hard not to, with that tiny lace-weight yarn pulling against the giant wooden swift! I gave it some hand-tension, but it's still pretty tight.)




Behold- first swatch...

ETA: Second swatch....

Size 3 needles, with beads! (I think I "overblocked" this one, but I'll see what it looks like after it dries.)


No comments: