Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jumping in and ready to swatch!

I found a link regarding the Mystery Stole 3 Yahoo group, so (of course) I jumped on the bandwagon. It just so happens I bought one skein of "Alpaca with a Twist- Fino" in an almost-white color a while a go, "just because," and I think it will be a perfect fit for this project. The question now is do I swatch it up and make sure or zoom down to the LYS to pick up a second skein, hoping she still has one of the same dyelot? I should probably just call her and ask her to set one aside for me (if she has one) and quickly swatch the one I have. Oh, and this will be my first "Knitting with Beads" adventure too, so I need to pick up a vial of #8 seed beads, something clear-ish and maybe a little shiny, I'm thinking. This is so hard, not knowing exactly what it'll look like! Part of the fun, I suppose.

Ds's Wallaby is coming along, one sleeve done and the other on it's way, once that is long enough to join to the body, it'll go fast. Still working on sister's Rona shawl too, but that thing is a monstrosity at this point and needs to wait until I have some more patience.

No comments: