Saturday, April 5, 2008

Slacker! Couple of FO's

I won't bother trying to explain how busy I've been or give excuses as to why I haven't posted. Let's just gloss over all of that and go directly to my most recent F.O.'s, shall we???

Finished my Salto socks today! I used Zitron Trekking Pro Natura in a lovely chocolate-brown color. Worked these on 2.0 and 2.25 mm needles (Harmony wood Knit Picks DPN's) and they came together pretty quickly! Love the cable work, and they're much more impressive looking than your average plain sock!
Next up (actually- I finished this before the socks- kind of an interlude between sock 1 and sock 2!) is my first Baby Suprise Jacket. I aquired the pattern leaflet (an Elizabeth Zimmerman design) from ThreadBear in Lansing, but I owe much thanks to Dawn for her online notes, as the EZ pattern is definatley not a line-by-line guide! Absolutely will be making another one of these!

This one is made from Elegant Yarns Fantasy, also found at ThreadBear, and it's 99% done. Needs a little crochet edging around the neckline and some buttons, which I haven't looked for yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute baby jacket, and I love the socks!!! I've been frantically making dishcloths for the craft fair among a few KAL's and deciding which sock patterns to do!!! I'm needing a run to LYS to get some more sock needles as you can't pick them up just anywhere it seems... UGH!

Anonymous said...

Amy very cool socks !!!
I love the Jacket too.

your work is awesome!!! :)
sandy

Eva i Halmstad said...

What lovle socks you have made.Sorry my english.
Eva. in Sweden